Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Year Thoughts for Family and Close Friends


December 30, 2008 Tuesday
Happy anniversary to Rach & James!!! We are so grateful for your marriage.
Thanks for responding to my blog, everyone. I’m still trying to make a place in my brain for the purpose of a blog, but I suppose it becomes what one wants it to be.
My New Year’s Resolution is to pray about who to call, help, visit, write that day. I don’t have to DO anything (keeping it simple and reachable), I just need to pray about it.
I have been thinking about, studying about, praying about Virtue, since that is the new YW value. Here is the message that came to me while at Trent & Nat’s house: Please prepare to speak Saturday evening in stake conference 23 Jan, 12 minutes on the topic of 'how parents and leaders can teach the doctrine of chastity and moral purity to help each young woman to be virtuous and worthy to make and keep sacred covenants and receive the ordinances of the temple.' (28 Nov 2008 First Presidency letter re: YW Theme revision)

I would appreciate any help, ideas and suggestions from everyone! So far the best information I have found is on LDS.org in the YW category, and also in Preach My Gospel pp. 118-119. I am actually excited about this subject and opportunity.
Love,
Mom

1 comment:

  1. I think it is really cool that you are learning to blog and sharing your thoughts with people.

    I'm glad too that this one is for your closest friends and family and not for the wide-world. I look forward to seeing what appears here!

    ReplyDelete