Beka and JD and girls left Tuesday morning, and Granny and Grandpa
left Tuesday afternoon. I thoroughly enjoyed having the chance to be
around little Claire and Kate, Beka’s girls. I feel I really had the
chance to bond with them.
I had a teaching week this past week and realize how much I enjoy the
kids and families I teach. It is a great thing to be able to work so
closely with great kids and families. Probably that is what I most
like about teaching, and the close second, is of course the music. But
for me, it really is all about finding creative solutions to helping
kids and families.
Grandpa arrived on Tuesday to prepare for his cataract surgery on
Thursday. Wednesday night Marilyn, Grandpa and I went to the
Timpanogas temple together and had a very memorable time together. It
was just wonderful. His surgery went well on Thursday and we were able
to take care of him after the surgery was over. When he got here after
the surgery, he immediately wanted to go outside, so we had lunch out
there. Then he paced around a bit in the back yard. We were just
kind-of watching him to see what he would do next. He stayed at
Marilyn’s for a few days. We have him here with us right now for two
nights. He is being interviewed in our family room by a reporter from
Deseret News and his daughter who is doing a school project and is a
junior reporter for DN. He will have the second eye done on Thursday
if the Dr. gives approval.
Friday night dad, Lu and I had the great joy of going to Deer Valley
for a concert with the Utah Symphony doing opera excerpts. Oh, we
enjoyed that! The best part of it was seeing Lucy be so excited about
each number, and also to see how much the conductor liked each piece.
I began to think about my long history with opera starting in the 6h
grade in Wiesbaden and Frankfurt, Germany. We studied the operas in
our music class/band (I played the clarinet in the band), and then we
actually went to the opera at the big opera house.
Saturday dad and I worked hard in the yard to catch up on a few week’s
or months neglect. It looks pretty great now! The best part of
Saturday was being at Abi’s baby shower which was at our house. Kassie
did such a great job organizing it and making everything look
beautiful with pink and purple paper goods and table cloth. Then she
made a beautiful triffle to go with it. It was great to see the Reese
girls, Teresa, Traci,--Abi is looking closer and closer to
deliverance. Deliverance to what is the question????
Finally, I feel very grateful for Pioneers and am thinking about them
a great deal. I have pulled out the pioneer book and would like to
refresh on some of the stories. I feel so indebted to the pioneers and
to all their great sacrifices and faith. Every one of our lines has
pioneers in it. I hope we can always honor them. I need to find a way
to get everyone the stories.
I love each of you and feel more gratitude than I can hold when I pray
for each one.

No comments:
Post a Comment